Our Educators operate their Family Day Care business in their own home with the support of Coordination Unit staff. Educators program and plan for children to support them to learn grow and discover in a safe and secure environment. The Family Day Care business model offers Educators the opportunity to work from home.
We are currently seeking Educators to join our team!
We are looking to expand our Family Day Care services in SE Queensland, from Maryborough to Rockhampton. Please read the information below, and call us if you think you would be a good fit for our Family Day Care team!
Who can be an Educator?
- Interested in operating your own business from home
- Can provide a warm, secure and family-focused environment for children
- Willing to provide an environment that complies with Departmental and Service safety requirements
- Demonstrates adequate knowledge, understanding and experience with children (ages 0 to 12 years) and are capable of meeting their needs
- You are in good health
- Have or willing to obtain current First Aid Certificate, Asthma Emergency, Anaphylaxis Management
- Have or are willing to obtain a minimum Certificate III in Children's Services
- You are willing to undergo a National Criminal History Check and Working with Children Check
- Are 18 years or over
An Educator must be able to provide the following:
- A current Senior First Aid
- Certificate and CPR Certificate
- A current "Blue Card"(Positive Prescribed Notice for Working with Children) for the educator and for every adult member of the carer's household
- Public Liability Insurance for Family Day Care
- Current subscription to the Hub Works processing system.
Preparing your home
We know that each home is unique, and will be assessed on how well it can provide quality child care. It will be a warm and welcoming home to care for children that both the indoor and outdoor areas are assessed as being safe. The Co-Ordinators will work with Educators to identify any issues, and strategies to manage and find a solution. An Educator’s home will need sufficient space for children to play in groups as well as an area for quiet play away from the group. Need sufficient space for children's sleeping. Need for somewhere where equipment can be safely stored is a must. Hazardous items should be out of the reach of children. Outdoor equipment that is suitable for the children of different ages meeting Australian standards. Most importantly an area where dogs can be separated from the children is preferable.
If you are renting, you will need to seek written permission from your landlord to conduct Family Day Care. There may be some costs associated with making the home safe e.g. glass, fencing, repairs, storage, child safe locks for cupboards. Your new exciting career could be one phone call away.